Hampton Lintorn Catlin
Hampton Catlin is the co-founder and CEO of Wordset, an online collaborative dictionary, and rarebit. He is also the inventor of Sass, Haml, and m.wikipedia.org . He's the founder of the libsass project and the author of "The Pragmatic Guide to Sass." He was formerly mobile lead at the Wikimedia Foundation and CTO of Moovweb, helping large companies build better interfaces.
Also, my husband, Michael Lintorn Catlin, has a blog you should checkout if you want to follow what we're up to, non-professionally.
Hampton's 26th Year In Review
My friends have a tradition where on our birthday, we write down everything we accomplished in the last year. And, you have to fill up one entry for every year of your life. Here is my list this year.
In no particular order:
- Sold an app to Wikimedia and got a job there
- Had two #1 apps in the iTunes store
- Got engaged to @mlintorn
- Moved from Canada to the US
- Made a living off Dictionary!
- Interviewed on about.com and Mobile Orchard
- Visited: YYZ, JAX, LGW, SFO, LAX, MCO, LAS, DEN
- Saw a huge tornado
- Got mentioned in Time magazine
- Launched Wikipedia Mobile with 182 million page views
- Haml more popular than ever and Sass comes into its own with Compass
- Had a relationship with 100% honesty
- Visited theme parks in Orlando four times
- Worked with @wycats
- Became friends with Sara D and Kelly
- Tried my hand at club promotion
- Earned my parents’ respect
- Fell in love with Wall St Bar in Jacksonville
- Redesigned hamptoncatlin.com
- Met @mlintorn
- Went to MaxFunCon
- Supported The Sound of Young America
- Had a live video show with Steven Bristol
- Hired my first Intern
- Met Jesse Thorn
- Made more money than parents
- Reconnected with @adambeaugh